Our Environmental Policy
Shufflebottom Ltd is committed to be at the forefront of the steel-framed buildings sector in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment and in using resources in a sustainable way.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- We will comply with all environmental legislation that relates to Shufflebottom Ltd.
- We will minimize waste and ensure the safe disposal or destruction of waste where re-use or recycling is not viable.
- Shufflebottom Ltd will demonstrate a commitment to the prevention of pollution and of adverse impacts on the environment.
- We will minimise toxic emissions from vehicles through the selection and use of fuel-efficient and low CO2 vehicles and make only necessary journeys.
- We will actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- We will source and promote a product range to minimize the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Shufflebottom Ltd will monitor and measure its impact on the environment and set targets for continual improvements.
- Shufflebottom Ltd will constantly seek to improve its environmental performance and will look to spread the message of sustainable living and environmentally friendly behaviour to all its customers.
- We will minimize our consumption of resources and encourage our customers to do the same.
- We will look for our suppliers to minimize their environmental impacts.
- We will support the local economy through purchasing goods locally where possible.
- A Shufflebottom
- August 1st 2011