General Purpose Building at West Kilbride
This capacious general-purpose building at West Kilbride, Ayrshire, has a main span 210 feet long and 100 feet wide, and a side extension 195 feet by 40 feet.
The steel frame has a hot dipped galvanised finish. Other features include:
- Shufflebottom galvanised eaves beam gutter system
- Side cladding of vertical treated timber Yorkshire boarding
- Roof cladding of anti-condensation fleece-backed single skin plastic coated box profile and 168 rooflights
- Two bi-parting sliding doors 20 feet wide and 16 feet high
- Prestressed horizontal concrete wall panels 2 metres high and 95mm thick to the perimeter
- Shufflebottom galvanised eaves beam gutter system to the low side
- Anti-condensation fleece-backed single skin plastic coated box profile roof cladding with 52 rooflights
- Side cladding of single-skin plastic coated box profile to one end.
- Side cladding to other gable end down to eaves level
- One side fixed to existing building, the fourth side open